Saturday 26 June 2010

Music Blog 2

So I'm trying to kill some time before my induction day at work. Thats right I've got a job! I'll be working for a Cinema. The best bit about it is that as staff I'll be able to watch films before they are let for for the public, so great news for my blogging. Later on I'll be watching the last Doctor Who in the series in full HD and I can't wait. I've been texting and face booking friends as to how I think its all going to end and I think I'm on to something, its interesting hearing other peoples ideas.

Anyway, on the radio the other day I heard a pop dance song that I hadn't heard before, and I thought to myself it wasn't too bad. I wasn't sure who was singing it and I missed the DJ saying who it was. When I got back in I found out who it was and to my shock it was JLS.



Now I haven't got anything against JLS, well maybe I could do without the ramdom lifting of the shirt. But I've never been a boy band fan. While JLS are a new different brand of boy band, they are still and will always be a boy band. I remember when they were on the X-Factor and they all had a different colours, they were like power rangers, very cute bless them. Perfect marketing tool. Selling the four different colour hoodies fans can produly say they are fans of the group. I'm not exactly what it is that I like about the song, I think its around 1:10 in the video where it really kicks in for me. Its fun, its harmless, to be fair I don't think they once lift their shirts and I Imagine if I was out at a bar and had drunk the right amount I'd be on the dance floor dancing away. (lifitng my shirt....in an ironic....post modern type of way ...... o.o )

On my last blog I mentioned how I thought Diana Vickers might grow up to be the next Sophie Ellis-Bextor, well guess what!? Sophie Ellis-Bextor is back with a new song!



This woman is stunning. Her voice is charming and the video is cute, kind of reminds me of the new John Lewis where we see the growing up from a girl to a grandmother. The song itself is simple and Is a song I can see myself nodding my head to as I'm drinking (not yet at the stage where I'm dancing like a wanna-be JLS member)

And last is Ellie Goulding



with her song single Guns And Horses Ellie has impressed me. I always liked her song 'Starry Eyed' however I did the think the video was too simple and her outfit looked second hand from Little Boots. In this video, she looks like the perfect girl next door and the song is easy to sing along to which is always a plus. I'm now thinking about buying the album, anyone else got it? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment