Saturday 26 June 2010

The Big Bang: The Doctor Who Final

The Big Bang: The Doctor Who Final

WOW.....I mean bloody wow. Was a sodding bloody fantastic wonderful final episode. I don't need to say this but this post will contain spoilers. Last week we were left on a huge cliff hanger where the Doctor was trapped in the Pandorica, Rory was a fake, Riversong was on the edge of death, the Tardis was exploding and the universe was coming to an end. I'm not going to post the whole story as it would be far too long to make any sense. It’s not that the story was complex, it’s just it would take a very long time to do so.

I'll keep this blog short, just go watch it, it was simple, sad and great. Although the start was a little rough, to just see the Doctor appear in a poof of smoke in front of 'dead' Amy killed the mood a little. However so much happened in the episode I suppose it had to happen fast. I am liking Rory more and more, although in the back of my head I kept thinking '...but its not actually Rory, its just a copy' but I guess a copy Rory is better than no Rory. Thankfully the real Rory came back in the end.

During this series I have grown to Like Riversong more and more. Like Captain Jack she the excuse for a little use of guns and acting cheeky. She really cares for the Doctor and unlike when Sarah Jane Smith met Rose there isn't any bad blood between River and Amy. If anything River is encouraging towards her. It’s just sad that we know that she killed someone, and that person was very, very important indeed. But who, and why?! It’s just a shame we know River dies in the library of silence.

What I did like in this episode was after the Doctor was shot by the dalek he looked allot older, the makeup job was great. Although he is the youngest actor to play the Doctor he can truly pull of a performance which gives the impression of an old time lord. Yes its official, I like Matt Smith. Although I like David Tennant as the Doctor I do like the differences within this series. Oh! What I thought was a continuity error in the second episode with the weeping angels was in fact on purpose. I thought it was a mistake that the Doctor was wearing his jacket after it had been pulled from him, but in fact it was just the Doctor in a different time line. Very clever Steven Moffat, very clever.

The ending was perfect. Amy remembers the Doctor and that memory brings him back into their world. Amy and Rory are married and the Doctor is back. All happy Rory and Amy say good bye to their home world and travel with the Doctor. The perfect team.

Bring on the christmas episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment