Sunday 13 June 2010

The final of junior apprentice, Dr Who and Derren Brown

The final of junior apprentice, Dr Who and Derren Brown

So this blog will cover the last episode of the junior apprentice, the dr who episode 'The Lodger' and my trip to see Derren Brown live at the Lowry in Manchester.

The Last Episode of the Junior Apprentice

So in the very last episode everyone was a project manager, the boys and girls were slipt so it was Arjun and Tim up against Zoe and Kirsty. While both teams worked well together it was Clear Zoe was still having trouble working with her co-project manager and tried to run the show, Kirty on the other hand should have picked up her game here and shown that she could really be something special while Zoe was trying to manage everything. Half way through the show I was worried that Arjun (my fav to win) wasn't doing enough in the team and started to let him self down, however he sprung back to life driecting an advert and doing a pitch with Tim.

In the end the boys won the task and rightly so, the girls product just didn't have the right feel towards their audicne and they just didn't know their audience (ironice as their audience were only a few years younger than themselfs) So it was then down to Tim up against Arjun in the board room. What I liked as that niether of the two attacked each other and simply stuck to what they had done and I found this very refreshing compared to the adult version where they normally try to slate of their compertion in the final. I did worry and think he was going to make Tim the winner due to his background in farming and being very practical against Arjun whos background is somewhat acedemic. However Arjun proved he was more than just a maths boy by putting forward all the things he had done throught the contest, he sold paintings, he dressed up, he directed the advert and so much more. So I am happy to say that Arjun did go on to win the contest! Well done Arjun. I enjoyed the junor aprentice more than I first thought I would and wouldn't mind it being on again, however I eagerly await the next adult version of the show!

Dr Who: The Lodger

I've heard a few complaints that this seires of Dr Who hasn't been sci:fi enough. Well I believe this episode brings it back. I mean what more than you ask for than a tardis wanna be placed on top of a house? In this episode something is stopping the Tardis working properly, leaving the doctor to investigate while Amy is stuck in the Tardis. Again like I have mentioned before Amy has been some what of a damsel in distress, we need to see her taking some action, rather than being stuck like some helpless child!

In this episode James Corden played the part of the house mate who is in love with his best friend but hasn't got the guts to tell her. Luckerly for him along comes the Doctor who plays cupid. What a great guy.

Overall a nice episode, not the best but certainly not bad. I look forward to the two part final!

Derren Brown: Enigma Tour

For those of you are not in the know Derren Victor Brown (born 27 February 1971) is a British illusionist, mentalist, painter, writer, and sceptic (thank you wikipedia) He often puts on shows where he takes on magic tricks and sometime he tell us how he does them. He openly says that he does not have magic powers or any real psychic abilitiesl. Hes just a very celver man and knows how to get in to peoples heads. I went to the Enigma show last night with my friends Stacey and Emma where we found ourselfs in row D! Only two away from the stage, we were VERY lucky. Derren asked us not to talk to much about the show as it might ruin it for people coming to see it. So I won't say anything. Well I'll tell you this,...GO WATCH IT! Really, he is a great guy, and fantasitc entertnaing and will just get in yiour head.

At the end of the show we went to the stage door where he came out, it was explained to us that he had a sore throat and so couldn't be out to long, but none the less he signed peoples books and we even got a picture with him!



granted its not the best pic, but it was taken from my i-phone with no flash and I've done my best in photoshop. None the less, what a guy! What a night. Just go watch the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment