Tuesday 25 May 2010

Four Lions: Film Review

Four Lions: Film Review

After my friend saw my blog that I went to go see Prince of Persia rather than going to see Four Lions today she decided that I needed to see the film. I have wanted to see the film after hearing allot of good things about it, I was worried that all the fuss might have ruined the film for me and not met my expectations. None the less I was still able to enjoy the film and its funny one liners.

Overall I left the film undecided on what I thought about it, after talking to Sammy and thinking about it some more; I'm still not 100% of what I think about it. The film shows how stupid people can be, their actions can be and how stupid terrorism is. We are taken on the journey of five wanna be terrorist martyrs. The five are pretty clueless and one character who is not very bright gets dragged in to it while this one character is not too sure of his own actions the others in the team are just are brainless. I'm not even sure most of them know what they were 'fighting'' against.

The film isn't made to offend anyone, yet it shows how stupid people can be. My favourite scene in the film is where two policemen are on the top of a building with sniper rifles ready to shoot who they think the bomber is, they end up shooting someone dressed as a wookie (star wars) believing it to be someone dressed as a bear and the two end up debating what species a honey nut monster is.

There was one dark moment in the film where the leader of the group is with his wife talking about blowing himself up and taking charge of his group again, unsure about it he is reassured by his wife and his son, while the performance was acted out very normal what they were saying and the situation was very dark and disturbing, creating comedy out of an uneasy situation.

Again, I'm not really sure as to what I think towards this film, I found myself asking what was its purpose. But I don't think it really had one, in the end I think it’s just a dark comedy following a bunch of selfish, cowardly brainless men. I would certainly recommend watching it but I have no clue as to what I would give it out a marks out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment