Saturday 29 May 2010

Eurovision final and Dr Who Update

Eurovision Final

So tonight I have been tweeting away while watching the final of Eurovision. I have to say I was shocked! In the end Germany (who I had put down as an annoying lily allen wanna be) won! The UK came last (while not a shock, there were places that did worse than us!) While watching it I found myself liking Iceland, Ukraine, Ireland, Azerbaijan and Georgia.The flash mob was a nice touch and was a great idea showing people across the world connected (it was a pity the UK let us down, we just can't seem to do anything right). It was a little odd how Germany put so much effort in, they had live dancers ready on a stage, big screens showing the show live in their area, it was almost they were prepared to win.....mmmmmmmm. None the less the show was well put together, the presenters did a good job compared to what some have done in years gone by and most of the acts were really good. An enjoyable watch with the family.

Dr Who: Poor Rory

So in this weeks episode of Doctor Who, Rory pushed the Doctor out of the way of a laxer beam and ended up dieing. I wasn't sure what I first thought of him when he joined Amy and the Doctor, at first I thought he was going to be another annoying Mikcey, simply getting in the way of the relationship of Doctor and Rose. However as time has gone by its clear that Amy loved him and they were meant to be together, not Amy and the Doctor. The way the relationship worked between the three was nice, three friends going out in to time and space to go on adventures, all enjoying each others company. While he's no captain Jack he wasn't a cocky Mickey type character, he was simply a human without any knowledge of aliens, time lords or weapons. An all round nice guy, I mean he saved the Doctor! What more can you want from the guy!? I was sad when he died, however I believe we'll be seeing him again the final of the series. I believe here are four more episodes left in the current series and normally each story arc has ended in that series, eg bad wolf, Saxon, Doctor Donna, so unless the Crack is carried on into the second series we can expect the next episode to be about Vincent van Gogh, one with the cyber men and then the last two episodes bring the series to an end.

So what do we think is going to happen in the last two episodes? Well the Doctor dragged a piece of the Tardis from the crack in the wall, now a friend of mine told me of his friends prediction for the series final. At the time I brushed it off and thought nothing of it, however he thought somehow all three Doctors would make an appearance, christopher eccleston, David Tenant and Matt Smith. Now I'm not sure how Christopher would be brought in but I can see how David could. In the last episode with Donna the doctor had a human copy made from his hand who went on to live with Rose. In that episode the Tardis was attacked, so somehow this crack might spilt dimensions and from it might appear human doctor David Tenant. Now I'm sure the writers will come up with some fantastic piece of sci-fi wording to make it all make sense, but really I think fans just want to see Matt and David together.

David or no David, Matt Smith will heal the crack and in doing so drag everything the crack took, eg Rory. At least I hope they bring Rory back. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment