Saturday 10 July 2010

People Are Messy!

People Are Messy!

So now working at a cinema I have finally made it in to the movie industry (kinda). I work on the till, selling tickets, food and drinks and sometimes I'm on the floor where I rip tickets, check screens, clean up after there has been a showing and toilet checks. glamorous, right? It’s actually a good job, sure the hours can be hard and the pay isn't the most I've been paid befre but its good work with good people. I enjoy myself and I'm improving on the till, while I still have some areas to improve on I no longer want to be sick when being told I'll be working on it. Go Me!

One thing that I can't help but find odd though is the amount of food and drinks people leave at the end of a film. Once everyone has left the screening a few staff go and tidy up, normally it’s just sweeping up pop corn and throwing away and rubbish, but when we find full packets of sweets, untouched popcorn, full drinks and hotdogs that haven't even been started we are shocked. Going to the cinema is an expensive trip and buying a ton of food and drink you’re not going to even going to start is just mind bogerling.

Hopefully I might be seeing a staff showing of Toy Story 3 3D before its released in the UK so I'll be able to give a review and let you know what I think, although if the reviews from America are to be believed then I'm expecting good things. Only a short blog this time but I'm running out of current TV shows to watch. I've started to watch firefly which I don't love yet but can see being a grower. But if you have any TV shows that are on now that you think I should watch then let me know.

PS. Think of me when you’re at the cinema and tidy away your popcorn after a film! :)



Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author

No comments:

Post a Comment