Monday 27 September 2010

Olly Murs VS Joe McElderry

Firstly I just want to point out I'm not a huge fan of either of these singers but today during a lecture we got talking about Joe McElderry and his new song. I also want to point out that rage against the machine stopped him from getting to number 1 at christmas (this made me laugh some what at the time, lol take that Simon Cowell, although I think he has his fingers somewhere in their music as well.....so I guess he won none the less. Can't beat the devil I guess)

Now while I'm not a mega fan of the x-facor I do like some of the singers that have come from it, for example I think Diana Vickers and Alexandra Burke are likeable and their songs are cathy enough to stop me turning them of the radio. While it goes without saying Leona Lewis can sing, like really sing but I just find her to be very boring with very little personality, she just seems to be very 'nice'

I've been watching little bits of the new x-factor but I've yet to see anyone thats really stood out for me, maybe that might change when we get to see them more at the judges house.

But now x-factor winner from last year Joe has finally got out his new single out since winning the contest, after Olly (who came second) who has his single out a few weeks before, Olly's song went to number one while Joe's has yet to enter the charts. I remember watching x-factor and saying what Lewi said (perish the thought I'm on the same level as that man, the very man who thought Jeward were good and says such annoying things as 'the kids will love them' this man clearly has no idea what 'the kids' are in to anymore) he said that Joe was more of a musical singer and to an extent I still believe this. During the contest I never really saw his appeal but remember my female house mates saying he was 'cute and sweet'. Cute and Sweet?! Is that what you want from an artist? How about sex appeal, charisma and some personality. On the other hand their was Olly, while Olly wasn't the strongest singer in the contest he had a like-able factor about him which people felt they could relate to. I'm having trouble trying to remember the other contestants of the time but out of those two I thought Olly was going to win, and was surprised Joe had made it, I just don't see his appeal.

Now after all this waiting they have both their new songs out

Joe


I'll keep this short.
I don't like the song, I just don't get it. Wheres the hook?
Interesting dance moves there joe.......
....yeah....finding it hard to sum up up what I don't like about it but......I don't see the appeal!?

Olly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4S9gQb9PjM&feature=channel

Ok so the song is not fantastic but it suited the time of summer, being a upbeat chilled relaxed beat to it
At first I didn't know it was Olly Murs when it played on the radio and when I was told who it was I was plesenrtly surprised, I didn't expect to like his song as much as I do
The video has the typical lad (low on the social ladder) trying to grab the attention of the posh girl (think Mandy Weslife)

side note: House mate has just walked in and said 'oh his hot' and then laughed at the difference in reaction of the mention of Joe being 'he's sweet'


In the long run think Olly will be more successful then Joe, and while Joe might be doing well at the moment but like Gareth Gates I don't think it will last long.


Speaking of male x-facor winners Shane Ward has his new song 'gotta be somebody'........yeah enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment