Friday 1 October 2010

Advert

Remember this?



The advert was banned as it was said to promote football violence. Personally I think its a striking image, raw, full of power and strength. The dark bloody red on him looks rich and patriotic in a medieval battle cry sense. Yes I can see how this might could be seen as an advert for football violence but football hooligans hardly need a reason to fight. As a photograph I think its stunning (pity they picked wayne rooney, lets face it he's no david beckham but I understand how wayne is seen as more of a down to earth 'man's man') Now this advert had a number of complaints condemned as 'offensive', 'exploitative' and 'tacky' by MPs and church groups. I had no problem with the advert and thought it was a stunning powerful piece of art.

However, there is a recent advert which disturbed me a little bit



Now I'm no fan of football (shocked? lol) but this advert is a good one, been put together well and a lot of thought has been made about it, it shows how you can play with people across the world online, while you sit dow with a cup of tea next to your dog.

But this is what I didn't like



see the wayne holding back his dog at top? Before I watched the video advert I saw this image and the first thing came to mind, football violence and using dogs for violence. It just struck a chord with me and left a nasty connection in my mind while watching the advert. I could be wrong, perhaps the dog is just so excited about the game he wants to run up to the others players and give them a big hug. Am I being to sensitive? Should one image let the whole ad down? Let me know what you think of my thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment