Tuesday 7 September 2010

Music Blog

I'm going to disney land paris for five days but before I go I thought I would leave you with a nice little music blog :)

I hate myself for this, but I actually kinda like this song



Its Mcfly, I've never really liked Mcfly. Well to be blunt I've never liked Mcfly. They are/were just pop roc for young teenage girls making cathy music with no real purpose. While I bet they are nice enough guys their music just hardly seemed like it went any where or made an effort to explore any different types of style. However the other day when I heard this on the radio I thought it was JLS or perhaps new kids on the block Wanted. When I said to my friend 'this isn't half bad' my friend looked at me with a sly smile and said 'you know this is Mcfly, right?'. No, no I did not know it was Mcfly. I'm not even going to bother to mention how they are jumping on the bandwagon of the vampire fad as the video says it all for me. But as for their music it does show some effort to change their style of music, and their cover for the single looks like it has a tron like fashion influence behind it (odd as the new movie Tron is coming out soon)

Side note: The other day I heard a dj refer to the new band 'The Wanted' as a 'LAD BAND' perhaps Mcfly are trying to get away from the generic pop/rock boy band and head in this direction?

Moving on to something with is wonderful, fantastic, ultimate, refreshing, out of this world good!

Janelle Monae

I wasn't sure which video to post as she has so many good ones, but I decided in the end to pick the video I first came across



If you going to get her cd's then I strongly recommend you get metropolis and archandroid, her visual style and musical style is not far off from outcast, although she has her own strong image which plays with the iconic images from the german silent movie 'Metropolis' if you have seen that film then my hat is of to you, while a good movie it is a little bit of hard work to get through and to keep watching, but is visually stunning and tells the tale of the working classes against the upper class. Her music takes you on a story and its one I can easily and happily get lost within.

Another song I have been listening to non stop is from 'My Terrible Friend' the two are very popular on youtube and have paired together to create this beauty



The lyricks are sweet, dark and oddly heart warming. So fair the two together only have five songs on their i-tunes for sale but I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more from them very soon.

Now I've been watching x-facotr (again) and I've yet to been blown away by anyone of the contestants, who knows as time goes on I might grow to like one of them. Although I'm not a huge fan of the show I do tend to watch it as it does become socially relevant and you can't help but get drawn in to watching it. However one music reality television show I don't mind watching at all is sky ones must be the music, where the singers have the chance to play their instruments and perform their own songs. For the first time on british television the artists own songs will be available on i-tunes if they make it to the semi finals. While I'm still catching up on a few of the episodes, there was one performer that stuck a chord with me



this type of music is right up my street, soft, true and pure I find myself cancelling out all other sound around me and listening in with all my attention. Good luck to her!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about suddenly thinking "Hey I actually kinda like this one" about songs or bands you thought you'd never like. It was like that for me and one of the Marilyn Manson songs. I felt dirty after that :(

    I liked the last song, which kinda reminds me of Aubrey Ashburn's music which is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete